- We provide a proactive service that will help you find solutions to all your Building Regulation issues from pre-planning to completion.
- We are commercially aware and understand the pressures and critical milestones in the design and construction processes.
- We can’t design your building but we can offer advice and guidance to help you meet your development objectives and achieve compliance.
- We are not on site full time so we are not a clerk of works or project manager… but we do undertake spot checks to record your work complies with the Building Regulations.
- We work alongside the fire service to make sure your completed project is fit for use.
- We offer an integrated service, wherever you work in the country.
- We are here to help record your compliance with the Building Regulations – not to tell you what to do.
- We have experience of working with a variety of clients ranging from homeowners to the UK`s largest and most prestigious construction firms, architects and consultancies.
- We work on a wide variety of projects from loft conversions and house extensions to multi-million-pound shopping centres and towers. The recent Nightingale hospitals were fast-tracked by Approved Inspectors.
- Consistency of advice and interpretation of the Building Regulations that does not change over borough or county borders.
- Commercially attractive fees that reflect our role as independent auditors – not designers or clerks of work.
Unlike Local Authorities, Approved Inspectors are subjected to re-licence every five years and are subject to ongoing regulation and monitoring. We must demonstrate a continued improvement to our service, competent staff, standardised procedures, and work in accordance with industry business and professional ethics.
For further information, visit the Construction Industry Council Approved Inspectors Register website www.cicair.org.uk
Approved Inspectors are backed by government-approved insurance schemes to safeguard the public.
- Innovative inspection software and risk-based site inspections based on a detailed knowledge of the project.
- Approved Inspectors understand innovation in modern construction techniques including Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) construction, modular buildings and preconstructed cladding systems.
- Acceptance and checking of designs by CAD and BIM models. No need to submit paper copies and in many cases the use of online application processes.
- Approved Inspectors are industry thought leaders with strong connections to Government and regular input into research and development.
The ACAI actively supports initiatives by Approved Inspectors that seek to promote the role of the AI and improve our relationship with other professional bodies. Notably these include:
FSBRG The Fire Safety Building Regulations Group
This group brings together industry experts with the mission to unify the Building Control profession and raise standards in the built environment. In support of the ACAI, FSBRG encompasses fire safety and other building safety standards to provide a single voice in dialogue with the Government, regulating and professional bodies. Contact email@example.com
SAICO Small Approved Inspector Co-Operative
SAICO was initially set up in 2020 as a way for smaller AI’s to commercially support each other where Memorandums of Understanding were required for AI licenses. The group offers support for Plan Appraisals, Inspections as well as meeting an AI’s obligations under statutory law, Building Control Performance Standards and the Code of Conduct in instances of serious illness or absence. It shares good working practices, policies and procedures, CICAIR audit/re-license experience, carries out peer reviews and much more. http://saico.org.uk/
FfAI Forum for Approved Inspectors
The Forum was set up in 2020 as a place for Private Building Control Surveyors to discuss, share and learn. We benefit from having peer discussion, re-assessing our own interpretations and understanding how others see our industry. The Forum is not affiliated with a company or organisation and is a free speech platform that has become invaluable as a place to discuss: technical issues, guidance interpretation, legislative changes and general industry information. If you would like to join please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your professional details and request a login password.