The ACAI membership has agreed to appoint a part time CEO to be the focal point for the regular operational activities of the association. The position will be based from home and report back to the ACAI executive on a monthly basis. The candidate will ideally be an ex-building control surveyor who has recently retired and still wishes to use their experience to assist the ACAI membership, promote good practice and promote our role in the industry. The role will involve meeting with senior government officials and other industry representatives so presentation skills and diplomacy are essential.
CEO Job Purpose
• Be mindful of the changing political landscape and ensure that the work of Approved Inspectors is recognised and integral to future regulation.
• Work as an independent member of the ACAI Executive by engaging with members and taking their views into account when forming the strategy to be adopted by the Exec.
• Develop and approve strategies to meet member needs.
• Communicate with people inside and outside of the ACAI to discover what policies, products, and marketing strategies will help it move forward.
• Promotes the positive work of the ACAI and its membership.
• Attract prospective members and retain existing members.
CEO Job Duties
• Determine the direction of the ACAI by working with the Executive and members to create and implement strategies and goals.
• Build a positive and productive culture by listening to member opinions, making adjustments, and recognising the team’s accomplishments and deficiencies. Take steps to make sure the Executive works effectively.
• Communicate a vision for the ACAI and take steps to make it a reality through writing an annual business plan and reviewing it quarterly.
• Keep up with current trends in the industry and modern business practices
• Attending meetings on behalf of the ACAI with peers, government organisations and trade bodies.
CEO Skills and Qualifications
Strong Written Communication, Strong Verbal Communication, Organisation Skills, Prioritising, Industry Experience, Decisiveness, Persuasion, Listening Skills, Business Acumen
To express your interest and be shortlisted for interview please submit a covering letter and short resume to Darren Ettles, ACAI Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org by August 6th 2021 15